Wednesday, October 29, 2008

USE YOUR HEAD AND SUPPORT PEOPLE WITH CANCER


SO I started making these cute little upcycled headbands and wrist cuffs, etc. The headwraps are darling and can be used as cowl scarves, wraps, headbands, and a million other things.

The BEST part about them is that they can be used to make people feel GOOD about themselves and I am very proud to be able to be a part of that kind of thing. . .

Here's how: I had a small sale of one headband from an etsy buyer who was looking to have a cute alternative to a hat to cover her hair loss while she was hospitalized and therafter. She thought one of my recycled headwraps would be a great thing to help her feel pretty! What an AWESOME sale that is, huh?

Now I think it would be great to be able to offer the wraps to sick children and adults and donate a portion of my proceeds to cancer research. I really just craft for fun, so I'm not looking to make a million bucks. . .but I'd LOVE to be able to donate to charity.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing and very noble cause! Good luck with this, you are truly inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added myself to your blog! need to sort out a pic thou!

    love your style of work and i want your head mannequin!!!

    madboodesigns x

    ReplyDelete